Liposuction is the ideal solution to get a harmonious and perfect body by eliminating unwanted fat from the target areas of the body such as the abdomen, hips, thighs, arms, chest, and neck.
Liposuction is one of the most famous cosmetic surgeries where surgeons use the latest liposuction techniques to get rid of stubborn fats that are difficult to get rid of easily despite a regular diet and exercise.
Liposuction is more effective with patients who are near the ideal weight but suffer from the accumulation of fat, Plastic surgeons believe that the process of liposuction is a procedure that helps patients to get a harmonious and perfect body.
- Classic Liposuction: Using this technique, the plastic surgeon will inject a toxic "tumescent" in the treatment area to reduce bleeding during the operation and liposuction can often be performed with local anesthesia.
- Ultrasonic-assisted liposuction: This technique uses ultrasound energy to help break down fat tissue and reduce it from the body, allowing easier removal of larger amounts of fat with faster surgery.
- Laser liposuction: These techniques use laser energy to help expel fat cells and break them.
What procedures should be followed before liposuction?
- Stop using aspirin because it can cause bruising, bleeding, and other complication.
- Stop smoking for at least two weeks before surgery because nicotine causes weakness of the blood circulation and reduces the speed of healing.
- Do not drink alcohol for at least 2 weeks before liposuction.
- Drink a big amount of water for at least a week before liposuction.
What are the results of liposuction and its success?
The results cannot be seen immediately after surgery because there is temporary puffiness that gradually improves over time.
The success of liposuction is measured in centimeters that have been reduced, not weight because the purpose of the liposuction is to sculpt the body and get a harmonious body, not weight loss.
Risks and complications of liposuction
- Bruising: This occurs in case of abuse of aspirin.
- Inflammation: Many places are prone to swelling and this swelling lasts for several months then the body begins to return to its normal state gradually.
- Numbness: Areas where liposuction surgery is performed become numbness but for a temporary period.
- Scarring: Liposuction can leave some scars but it is simple, there are some cases that need surgical intervention.