Ear correction surgery is based on the incision, scoring and suturing techniques.
The ear that eminence more than the normal Classified as minor ear abnormality that leads to serious emotional problems for children and adults, the procedure that will be determined depends on eminence ear.
Surgical intervention was used in ear correction at the end of 19th century for cosmetic purposes, ear correction surgery can also be performed in cases of reconstruction surgery and correction of congenital malformations.
Eminence ear has a clear effect on the child's psyche, if the decision is made to correct the ear, the child must be ready to do surgery.
Steps to be taken before surgery
- Before performing any surgery to correct ear, all necessary medical tests must be performed.
- The child must be in good health and not suffer from any chronic diseases or active ear infections.
- The patient must be a non-smoker and non-alcoholic or be able to avoid smoking and alcohol during the recovery period of the surgery.
Ear correction surgery
- After using local injections, the doctor makes 3 or 4 incisions in the ear after several minutes of anesthesia, which takes 2 to 5 minutes to start.
- These incisions are made on the back side of the ear to avoid scars or visible effects and the length of the incision is approximately 5 cm.
- The skin incision is important to get access to the cartilage of the auricle which may be trimmed, reshaped and pinned back with permanent sutures to secure the cartilage.
Risks of Ear correction surgery
- Small scarring behind the ear.
- Many bruises appear around the ear and ends gradually over time
- Feeling pain in the ear.
read also : face lift - blepharoplasty - facial fat injection - burn and scar treatment .
- The patient may feel some itching and pain in the ear after recovery from surgery, and this is normal and can be controlled by painkillers used after the normal surgical procedures.
- The patient should be careful not to remove bandages to avoid surgery failure.
- The patient should also follow doctor's instructions and take medicines to prevent infection.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol during recuperation to reduce the risk of complications, because nicotine and alcohol make it more difficult to recover from wounds and healing.
- The patient must pay attention while wearing and taking off the clothes, which plays an important role in the speed of recovery and avoid any complications.
- The patient can return to his / her working life after one week of the operation but the patient must avoid any physical or athletic activities for a few weeks.