Gynecomastia is a swelling of the breast tissue in men caused by an imbalance in hormones between estrogen and testosterone.
Gynecomastia may be in one or both breasts, Gynecomastia is increasing due to normal changes in hormone levels, especially in young adults, older men and this may also be due to many medications such as antibiotics, heart medications, antidepressants, AIDS, and chemotherapy.
What are the causes of gynecomastia?
- Malnutrition, unhealthy eating and fast foods that contain high carbohydrates create a hormonal environment that leads to gynecomastia.
- Cirrhosis works to change the levels of hormones, especially estrogen and testosterone in an abnormal manner leading to gynecomastia.
- Problems in testes lead to a decrease in the production of testosterone and high levels of estrogen, leading to gynecomastia.
- Taking Medications that increase estrogen and lack of testosterone, leading to gynecomastia.
Physical and psychological effects of gynecomastia
- Limited physical activities: During exercise, it is sometimes necessary to lift some weights, which is a problem and difficulty for men who suffer from gynecomastia.
- Feelings of depression and anxiety: Although gynecomastia is not life-threatening, it can be very worrying because it affects the overall appearance, making the man feel frustrated and lose self-confidence, which creates anxiety and goes into depression.
- Behavior change: The man feels embarrassed, which makes him avoid people, especially the opposite sex for losing his self-confidence because of the appearance of the breast, which has already become a real problem that needs to be treated.
Treatment of gynecomastia
- Surgery: Surgery is the fastest and longest way to get rid of gynecomastia, plastic surgeon removes excess fat and tightens the skin in a beautiful and harmonious way.
- Depending on the level of gynecomastia sometimes it can be cured through liposuction only.
Benefits of gynecological surgery
- Get a tight chest that does not have gynecomastia.
- Feeling confident after surgery as a result of the change in the general appearance and get a sexy body free of defects.
- Improved behavior due to the elimination of anxiety and tension.
Side effects of gynecomastia
- The appearance of many bruises in surgery place.
- Breasts are not identical in shape and size and the result depends on the surgeon's skill.
- Feeling pain in the breast area and sometimes loss of sensation but it gradually disappears over the time.
- Noticeable changes in the color of the skin and skin color become darker than normal, so you should consult your doctor immediately to find the right solution.